In dit artikel verzamel ik quotes / uitspraken die verband houden met transactionele analyse. Ze zijn leuk, leerzaam en ik gebruik ze ter inspiratie. Het is mijn bedoeling om een groeiend lijstje te maken dat mensen kan inspireren en leren.
- The moment a little boy is concerned with which is a jay and which is a sparrow, he can no longer see the birds or hear them sing.
- We are born princes and the civilizing process makes us frogs.
- A loser doesn’t know what he’ll do if he loses but talks about what he’ll do if he wins and a winner doesn’t talk about what he’ll do if he wins but knows what he’ll do if he loses.
- Awareness requires living in the here and now, and not in the elsewhere, the past or the future.
- The destiny of every human being is decided by what goes on inside his skull when confronted by what goes on outside his skull.
- The eternal problem of the human being is how to structure his waking hours.
- Pastimes and games are substitutes for the real living of real intimacy.
- In order to say Hello, you first get rid of all the trash which has accumulated in your head ever since you came home from the maternity ward, and then you recognize that this particular Hello will never happen again. In order to say Hello back, you get rid of all the trash in your head en see that there is somebody standing there or walking by, waiting for you to say Hello back. It may take years to learn to do that. After you say Hello, you get rid of all the trash that is coming back into your head; all the after-burns of all the grievances you have experienced and all the reach-backs of all the troubles you are planning to get into. Then you will be speechless and will not have anything to say. After more years of practice, you might think of something worth saying.
- If you don’t say it straight, you’ll show it crooked
- You have the power to change your childhood decisions
- Own your own thinking, feeling and behavior, and nobody else’s
- Ask for what you want, and expect others to do the same.
- To “assume” is to make an “ass” out of “u” and “me”.
- I invite people to learn from the past and plan for the future, rather than dwell on the past and worry about the future. The security of the future is in the stability of the present.
- If you can’t say “no” and mean it, you can’t say “yes” and mean it.
- “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? If I am not for others, what am I? And if not now, when?”
- The observer is always part of the field.
- We are never separated from others.
- We’ll never know for sure.